Today we discussed updated guidelines.
1. ACS – dual anti-platelet therapy with aspirin and a P2Y12 receptor blocker is given post ACS
2. Routine oxygen not recommended in ACS
3. Atrial Fib – CHADS score changed to CHA2DS2-VASc score
4.Atrial Fib – Oral anticoagulation preferred over warfarin
5. Atrial Fib – Aspirin no longer given for a low score
6.Bronchiolitis – No routine use of bronchodilators
7. Breast Cancer – Premenopausal women with positive receptors and at high risk for recurence (chemotherapy treatment and/or <35 years of age) should be treated with ovarian suppression plus exemestane (Aromatase inhibitor). Tamoxifen monotherapy is no longer recommended for these patients.
P.S. If you haven’t done so already check out the new board review app I’m putting together here. Enter your email address and enter a chance to win a free app 🙂